Friday, October 08, 2004

John Kerry's best line of the night

I'm a lawyer too!"

What a tin ear. Right now Bush is killing him.

Kerry: Class war! Class war! Class war! Top 2 Percent. Wealthiest people in the country. 25 billion givaway to corporations . Enron! ENRON!

He's looking into the camera and promising NO new taxes for families earning less than $200,000 a year.

Bush looks good. Confident.

Kerry: What's hurting business is the cost of health care. What? People are sick. Rich people like the President Charlie (... Gibson - the moderator) and myself will pay more. Everyone else in the hall will not pay more. Hmmm... does Kerry really think there's no one else in the room that makes $200,000 a year...?

Bush: I own a timber company?

It seemed to me that Bush won on low expectations on his performance. The President looked in control and at some points as if he was having fun. Kerry did not mess up and at some points looked good. I would venture to say that it never looked as if Kerry was having any fun.

I would not be surprised to see a modest boost to Bush in the polls. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home