Sunday, April 17, 2005

Incident at Mr. Carwash

Took my Explorer to the Ingersoll Ave. Mr. Carwash late Friday morning and witnessed a very strange scene. A slight older man (about 70 or so) was complaining about the job that had been done on his floor mats.

Nothing unusual so far. He was not using a bit of profanity and calling the 17 year old kid at the register son. The one phrase I remember was "You're not going to get away with this bulls#%t."

What made it memorable was the fact that he was brandishing an aluminum baseball bat.

Now he never overtly threatened anyone. He never directed the bat toward anyone in particular - he was right at the edge gesturing with the thing. In the end, there was no violence. The on duty manager (who appeared to be a 20 year old), dealt with old batsman and he left in something of a huff.

But, let me tell you, I was watching the old guy closely and my adrenaline was up big time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home