Sunday, October 30, 2005

Firefly

I just completed the DVD series. One of - if not the best TV series I've ever seen. Superb characters with loads of room for development. The characters are archetypes in a tribe or family - but they're utterly believable. Wonderful vision of the future - loads of technology over the next 400 years, but guess what? That old human condition is still there haunting/blessing us. Good acting - actors well cast, well directed - great ensemble work.

I knew nothing about it when it was on Fox. Nothing.

It ran for less than a full season. The Fox executives apparently did not know what to do with it. They mucked in - not letting the production team run the pilot as the first aired episode. They put in a time slot that was doomed to failure.

Anyone that is interested enough to read this probably knows that there's a movie out - "Serenity" that's an extension of the series. As I write this, it's only playing one screen in Des Moines. It's only been out for three weeks.

I guess I'll have to wait to see it on DVD.

I hope the market will allow this property to be produced for DVD or some other format. I'd love to see more of this universe and the people in it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home