Monday, June 27, 2005

Cultural Stockholm Syndrome

How else can you explain them making common cause with these animals. Check this out.
"I was, I have to say, shocked by Douglas Wood's use of the a---hole word, if I can put it like that, which I just thought was coarse and very ill-thought through and I think demeans the man and is one of the reasons why people are slightly sceptical of his motives and everything else.

"The issue really is largely, speaking as I understand it, he was treated well there. He says he was fed every day, and as such to turn around and use that kind of language I think is just insensitive."
So... an Australian civilian reconstruction worker is kidnapped. He witnesses two of his fellow workers murdered. Chances are that, had he not been rescued, he would have been shot in the back of the head (if lucky) or had his living head severed with a butcher knife.

Wood had the unmitigated temerity to call the terrorist scum that kidnapped him "assholes". That uncouth, ungrateful, American-imperialist-lackey barbarian.

The quote above is attributed to the Editor in Chief of one of Australia's major newspapers. What in the name of God is the matter with these people?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home